Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"I Went Out To Buy Transcendence and Came Back With a Telephone"--Anthony Weir

Thanks to a $30 certificate at Amazon.com, things are going to be pretty quiet on the blog front the next few days. I'll be tearing thru this, this, and this for a while. That, and I finally read my first Philip K. Dick novel last week and now want to read them all--which will take quite some time, as he was a very prolific writer. His stuff is like literary LSD . Very authentic while at the same time being totally unreal. I've never read anything that kept me on my toes quite so much.

After a couple of bone-chilling days, the temperature is back up to 70 and sunny today and the rest of the week. Am going to be taking advantage of that, as well. I'll be the one in the convertible with the top down and music blaring, waving at all you poor guys who have to have the windows rolled up and the heat churning-on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be the one in the convertible with the top down and music blaring, waving at all you poor guys who have to have the windows rolled up and the heat churning-on.

Cathy, I'm shocked! "Are you getting in touch with your inner sadist?", he said from Bellingham, Washington, where it's sunny but still below 50°F.

15 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should be loving the heat; this evening I had a lovely moment as Hansi and I sat on the ski lift just 1/2 miles from our house. As we glided silently up the ski hill, my normally quiet 6 year old chattered away, smiling and happy to be alone with his mama. It was a thing of beauty... brought to you by good old snow.

15 February, 2006  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

LOL, Howard. No sadist, here. We just survived a whopping 10 minutes at 20 degrees last night, so I had to revel a little.

Lis, you had me at 'ski lift'.

;-)

15 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home