Sunday, January 22, 2006

Just Say Yes



I am walking into a local grocery store and look over at a display on my way to the carts. If you've ever seen Big Top Pee Wee, you will understand what I mean when I say that I do a TRIPLE take. On this poster in front of the video section, is what, could that really be? It is--and wtf? It's Dawn (sister-in-law) and Phil (my brother)!!!!!!!

I wonder what they are doing exactly in the picture, and what it has to do with drugs, but knowing them (and the fact that Dawn is a full-time model) I have to assume my brother is teasing her about not smiling her big 'model' smile. In which case, Dawn was telling him that's how she gets to be the center of attention in the photo.

They live 150 miles away and only get to see them 2 or 3 times a year--they are also my favorite relatives so I just had to shoot them an email saying how good it was to see them at the grocery store the other day. If they start to think I'm hallucinating, I'll just have to tell them that it's because I've been to the Most Convenient Pharmacy in Town.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like a model yourself (no kidding). What did your brother & sister-in-law say when you told them you saw their "picture"? Did your kids see the poster at the store? What did they think? Small world, isn't it?

31 January, 2006  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

Oh, they thought it was funny, and loved the 'spotlight'. :-) Dawn also told me she wishes we lived in the same town so she could help get modeling gigs for my kids. If they were into it, of course.

Phelan is particularly photogenic. Not that I'm particularly objective. :-)

03 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home