Thursday, January 19, 2006

Three C's


I wonder what Mao Tse-Tung would think, looking at the Chinese $$ of today. How ironic, paradoxical, and contradictory. Communist China becoming this big, raging, capitalist machine. As China goes through an economic boom like the US experienced in the 1950's, their former communist leader is immortalized on the ultimate symbol of capitalism. Did I miss a history class? Are the two systems NOT polar opposites? I mean, I know that I was taught a lot of things in school that weren't true, but I'm pretty sure this one is right. The only thing they truly share in common is that they both eventually become corrupt. Sorry, but that's what politics and systems do. At least any system we've got going now.

I've spent a lot of time recently thinking about what kind of system might actually work relatively corrupt and bug-free. It starts with a whole new perspective on the way we see ourselves and the world. No biggie. That's just the jumping off point. But I'm not going to jump just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home