Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spring is Here

  • We await the college acceptance letters this month. It's an exciting time. In the meantime, Hermione wins a bid (again) to Internationals (science fair). This time it's in Indiana. Why can't it be somewhere a little more exotic? Do we really want people coming from all over the world to experience America Indianapolis-style? C'mon. I say Hawaii.

  • Filling out an application for a dream job this week, I get the first question ever on a job application that made me laugh. It read: 'Are you, or should you be, taking any medication?'

  • Bliss has to make up a slew of fantasy organisms for a school project. His creatures come from the planet Kreptonia and include a piranha looking creature called the "Bit-ahn-ya" and a surfer-looking monkey species named the "Flunky". He should look into a career in animation, is what I'm thinking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on college and jobs. (I work in Admissions in our local university, and we're swamped!)

BTW, I just noticed the link in your sidebar that says, "Products for Reiki Buddhas and Zen Dolphins".

I haven't clicked on it yet, but I'd just like to say that if I couldn't be me anymore, I'd want to be a Zen Dolphin. Now THAT'S a dream job!

03 March, 2006  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

Thanks!

If you go to that link, just be aware that I made that 'slow down' graphic years ago--in case it reminds you of anything.

You'll see what I mean. :-)

05 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That IS similar.

I love your work, Cathy. I'm getting more and more into Buddhism and Taoism with every passing day it seems, and everytime I see images like that it instantly grounds me and brings peaceful thoughts.

I'm joining a Shambhala meditation group next week, in fact.

Namaste.

05 March, 2006  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

Nice. Thanks, man.

Yeah, I just rediscovered my yoga practice recently and it integrates well with all of the eastern traditions. Taking classes 5 days a week! Hoping to teach someday.

Yeah, I'm a little sore...but the meditation is great.

06 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home