Sunday, October 23, 2005

Are you Dreaming?

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. "

Hermione brought one of my favorite films, Waking Life, to her Theory of Knowledge class. It was a big hit. The movie poses an Eastern Philosophical question: is there really a difference between dreaming and waking life? Because essentially, our thoughts create reality. Everything that exists in time and space was first a thought in someone's mind.

Lucid dreaming is central to the plot as well, something that I did for years and still do occasionally. To dream lucid is to be aware inside the dream that you are dreaming. Then, all sorts of interesting things can happen--namely, whatever you want.

Want to fly? Explore another planet? Have superpower vision? You name it, you do it.

Hermione tells me since her class has seen the film, not a day goes by without someone saying, "I wish I was lucid dreaming right now. Oh, wait. Maybe I am."

Keep dreaming, kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home