Monday, October 17, 2005

Rise Up



This is a picture of a water lily that I took over the weekend at a famous garden locally. These flowers, and their cousin the lotus, have always facinated me. See the 'sun' in the middle of the flower? It looks like the way I used to draw a sun when I was a little girl. How perfect the symmetry that when this lily grows from the water bed, through the muck and the aquatic mire, then rises to the sky, and finally---OPENS-- its center looks exactly like what gives it life.

That's my inspirational thought of the day. Be like the lily.

RISE UP.

2 Comments:

Blogger Salt Water said...

I hope all your family, feet and flowers are okay and enjoy rather than suffer Wilma. Stay safe.

21 October, 2005  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

Thanks, Salt Water. It will be interesting, that much is for sure. My yard work will get done, too!

22 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home