Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dreaming with the Dalai Lama



After leaving civilization, it took me to my second night sleeping under the stars to break on through to the other side, and into a completley different frame of mind. I knew it happened when I found myself having a one-on-one with the Dalai Lama, and achieving a total mind-meld with the head spiritual honcho himself. Past reasoning and beyond words......

The above photo is of a spring in the Ichetucknee that I think reflects the special, sacred quality of a spring water boil. I will return to this river many a time in my mind--it is magical, luminous, deeply comforting and full of adventure all at once. The naturalist Archie Carr calls it the most beautiful landscape in the world. I call it Bliss-in-a-Tube.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about a gorgeous & a relaxing sight. Cathy, you never cease to amaze me with your photographic skills & your choice of subject for photography. It makes you wish one had been there, too. Thanks for sharing.

14 June, 2007  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

Glad you liked it. I couldn't take enough pictures this time. :-) Thanks, Den.

17 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time no...

Hi, Cathy. Nice to stop in at your blog for the first time in a long while, especially to find you communing with His Holiness.

I had the great pleasure of seeing him speak in Vancouver, B.C., Canada in the past year, it was a little odd, given the event was held in an ice hockey stadium, but that simple monk transcended everything and filled me with such love and hope.

Anyway, nice to "see" you again.

25 June, 2007  
Blogger genetic lorax said...

Hey Gonzo!

Thanks for stopping by. I saw the Dalai Lama in a stadium a couple of years ago, too. At the same stadium I got to take my son and his friends to their first rock concert. It was odd, but I gotta say that Lama rocked.

Good to 'see' you too!

28 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home